of Philip Bullis|
Return to Family Tree Page
send e-mail to: Sally@webspresso.com
Generation No. 1
1. PHILIP1 BULLIS was born 1630 in England. He married JUDITH REAP December 3, 1663 in Boston, Mass or Charlestown.
Notes for PHILIP BULLIS:
Information from Ancestral File
list of Children from Marvin Bullis ( research done by his late wife, Betty) letter 9-96 also:
King Philip's War Feb 1675-May 1676
on CT River, Major Savage's company under Lt. Gillam Returned to Boston 1677: Boston Tax List of 1674&1681
Oath of Allegiance to King 1678
1700 & 20 Feb 1705 granted land from town of Greenwich, Fairfield,CT
Mar 1722 and in 1734, deeded Greenwich Land to sons
Notes for JUDITH REAP:
Judith's two extra husbands and marriage location as Charlestown were taken from "New England Marriages Prior to 1700" 929.374 Bemis 5-3-95
Children of PHILIP BULLIS and JUDITH REAP are:
2. i. THOMAS2 BULLIS, b. August 3, 1671, Boston, Suffolk Co, Mass.
ii. RACHEL BULLIS, b. September 28, 1673.
iii. JOHN BULLIS, b. January 1668/69.
iv. SARAH BULLIS, b. July 1666.
v. ELIZABETH BULLIS, b. November 19, 1664.
Generation No. 2
2. THOMAS2 BULLIS (PHILIP1) was born August 3, 1671 in Boston, Suffolk Co, Mass. He married MARGARET ROBERTSON July 11, 1733 in Greenwich, Conn.
Child of THOMAS BULLIS and MARGARET ROBERTSON is:
3. i. ROBERT3 BULLIS, b. 1739, Greenwich, New York.
Generation No. 3
3. ROBERT3 BULLIS (THOMAS2, PHILIP1) was born 1739 in Greenwich, New York.
Child of ROBERT BULLIS is:
4. i. JOSEPH4 BULLIS, b. 1776, Columbia Co,. New York; d. September 9, 1824, Durham,New York.
Generation No. 4
4. JOSEPH4 BULLIS (ROBERT3, THOMAS2, PHILIP1) was born 1776 in Columbia Co,. New York, and died September 9, 1824 in Durham,New York. He married ANNA UNKNOWN.
Notes for JOSEPH BULLIS:
Buried at Stone Bridge Cemetary in Durham, New York. age 50 years.
Joseph owned a tavern and distillery in Coxsackie New York in 1799.
Based on information from Verona Fleurent, Curator of Durham Center Museum. Letter of Aug 31, 1995
Child of JOSEPH BULLIS and ANNA UNKNOWN is:
5. i. ISAAC WILEY5 BULLIS, b. January 9, 1804, Coxsackie, Green County, New York; d. December 21, 1869, Plain Twp, Wood County, Ohio - buried Oak Grove.
Generation No. 5
5. ISAAC WILEY5 BULLIS (JOSEPH4, ROBERT3, THOMAS2, PHILIP1) was born January 9, 1804 in Coxsackie, Green County, New York, and died December 21, 1869 in Plain Twp, Wood County, Ohio - buried Oak Grove. He married AMANDA HERVEY, daughter of HERMAN HERVEY and HANNA TYLER.
Notes for ISAAC WILEY BULLIS:
According to Curator of Durham Center Museum letter dated Aug 31, 1995:
Herman Hervey became a Baptist Minister. His son Russell was a pastor in Adrian, Michigan.
Herman's brother, Obed Newton Hervey lived in Ohio. Herman is buried at Hervey Street Cemetary.
Bullises came to Wood County in 1846, according to Hardesty Atlas ( See Wood County Packet from Aunt Jane)
Death and birth dates of Amanda and Isaac were taken from "Oak Grove Cemetary" by Wood Co. Chapter, OGS. P. 143.
Children of ISAAC BULLIS and AMANDA HERVEY are:
i. MARY MATILDA6 BULLIS, b. December 24, 1835, Green County, New York; d. January 15, 1902, Cygnet, Wood County, Ohio Sugar Grove Cemetery; m. REASON ISAAC WHITACRE, March 22, 1866, Wood County.
Notes for MARY MATILDA BULLIS:
Beer's Wood County: Mary Bullis was a teacher in Wood County before getting marrried.
ii. JOSEPH BULLIS, b. 1830.
iii. RUSSEL HERVEY BULLIS, b. 1832.
iv. JOHN BULLIS, b. 1835.
v. HOWARD BULLIS, b. May 1834; d. August 28, 1838, Durham, New York Buried at Hervey St Cemetary.
vi. CAROLINE BULLIS, b. 1840.
vii. GEORGE BULLIS, b. 1847.