of Israel Young, Sr.|
Back to the Family Tree Page
Generation No. 1
1. ISRAEL1 YOUNG , SR.. He married MARTHA BEDELL January 21, 1724/25 in Amesbury, MA, daughter of ROBERT BEDELL and ANN CARR.
Child of ISRAEL YOUNG and MARTHA BEDELL is:
2. i.ISRAEL2 YOUNG, b. September 1, 1731, Amesbury, VT; d. Manchester NH.
Generation No. 2
2. ISRAEL2 YOUNG (ISRAEL1) was born September 1, 1731 in Amesbury, VT, and died in Manchester NH. He married ELIZABETH CLARK Abt. 1754.
Children of ISRAEL YOUNG and ELIZABETH CLARK are:
3. i. EDWARD CLARK3 YOUNG, b. October 10, 1756, Salem, NH; d. Aft. 1840, Rochester VT.
ii. JAMES YOUNG.
iii. ELIZABETH YOUNG.
iv. LAVENNE YOUNG.
Generation No. 3
3. EDWARD CLARK3 YOUNG (ISRAEL2, ISRAEL1) was born October 10, 1756 in Salem, NH, and died Aft. 1840 in Rochester VT. He married RUTH HAZELTON February 27, 1777.
Children of EDWARD YOUNG and RUTH HAZELTON are:
4. i. JOSIAH4 YOUNG, b. February 27, 1780, Salem, MA; d. September 18, 1870, North Monroeville, OH.
ii. MARY YOUNG.
iii. SOPHIA YOUNG.
iv. LYDIA YOUNG.
v. EDWARD YOUNG.
vi. PHEBE YOUNG.
vii. MARGARETTA YOUNG.
Generation No. 4
4. JOSIAH4 YOUNG (EDWARD CLARK3, ISRAEL2, ISRAEL1) was born February 27, 1780 in Salem, MA, and died September 18, 1870 in North Monroeville, OH. He married MARY BARDEN.
Child of JOSIAH YOUNG and MARY BARDEN is:
5. i. LORENZO5 YOUNG, b. 1812, near Goshen, Keene Co, New Hampshire; d. 1884, Buried in Union Cemetary, Whiteford Center, MI.
Generation No. 5
5. LORENZO5 YOUNG (JOSIAH4, EDWARD CLARK3, ISRAEL2, ISRAEL1) was born 1812 in near Goshen, Keene Co, New Hampshire, and died 1884 in Buried in Union Cemetary, Whiteford Center, MI. He married MAGDALINA MACKEY.
Notes for LORENZO YOUNG:
Random notes regarding Lorenzo Young:
Places of Birth for Lorenzo and Magdalina "Lena" are from the 1880 census, Monroe County MI Whitefrod Township. p65
Their birth places were listed as Vermont in the funeral papers of their daughter, Ellen Mary Young Howenstine.
I would tend to take the word of Lorenzo and Lena, since they were alive and gave the information themselves.
Also, Lorenzo gave his father's place of birth as Mass, Mother NH
Lena gave her father's place of birth as Unknown
In July 1997, I was lent a book by Grandfather William Knepper titled " Our Young Family In America", written by Pro. Edward Hudson Young in 1947. this book was a gift to Ethel Knepper, from her mother, Ellen Mary Young Howenstine, whose family appears in the book. Ellen's father was Lorenzo.
Page 215 of this book reads:
" Lorenzo Young farmed in Vermont, Ohio and Michigan. He was born in 1811 near Goshen, NH, where his father bought property that year and gave Goshen as his residence (Keene NH rec.). He died in 1884 and was buried in the Union Cemetery, Whiteford Center, MI. He owned a farm in Vermont until 1841 (Rochester, VT rec.). His last purchase there was from his father, Jan 1, 1836 (Rec. 298). When he emigrated to Ohio he settled at Enterprise, in Huron County. He married first, June 17, 1835, at Tunbridge, VT., Hannah Button (Burlington, Vt. Rec.), the Rev. James Cambell performing the ceremony. Lorenzo gave his residence as Rochester, VT. He married, second, in Huron Co, OH, a widow, Lena (Mackey) Stanbury (1823-1890), of Sandusky, OH. She had two children, Byron and Frances Stanbury (md. Janes Shelton). Mrs. Young was a sister of Judge Mackey of Sandusky, OH. Lorenzo moved his family from Ohio to Whiteford Center, then called Bugtown because of its many fireflies. Lorenzo and Hannah had one child, Lois. He and Lena had four children."
The rest of the information about Lorenzo's family has been gleened from the same book. Sited documentation will be listed under "notes".
Children of LORENZO YOUNG and MAGDALINA MACKEY are:
i. ELLEN MARY6 YOUNG, b. April 19, 1856, Enterprise, Huron County, OH; d. March 29, 1951, Lambertville, Monroe Co, Mich; m. WILLIAM HENRY HOWENSTINE, February 22, 1876, Whiteford Center, Monroe, MI.
ii. LEOTA YOUNG, b. 1858.
iii. LOUIS YOUNG, b. 1861.
iv. JAMES DEWITT. YOUNG, b. 1864.