Descendants of Obed Sr Harvey
Return to Family Tree Page|
send e-mail to: Sally@webspresso.com
Generation No. 1
1. OBED SR9 HARVEY (THOMAS8, THOMAS7, WILLIAM6, THOMAS5, WILLIAM4, WILLIAM3, TURNER2, HUMPHREY1) was born March 10, 1721/22 in Norton, Bristol
Co Mass, and died 1808 in Durham, New York Buried at Hervey St Cemetary. He married UNKNOWN.
Notes for OBED SR HARVEY:
Obed Sr is buried in the Hervey Street Cemetary , Durham, NY. Stone Reads
"Dutchess Co. Militia, 6th Reg't. Decendant of William Harvey Who came to America in 1620, erected by Dorothy Brown Vollmer, late of Huntington, NY. Patriot Index DAR p 310.
Durham Museum Letter:
from the Borthwick Papers:
Deacon Obed Hervey, born Franklin, now Patterson, Putnam Co NY 1722, lived in North East, Dutchess So 1773-1788 first Pastor of Hervey St Baptist church. His son Obed was born inPatterson in 1756, died 1837. He (Obed,Jr) built a carding machine, a sawmill, a store and blacksmith shop.
Child of Obed Harvey and Unknown is:
2. i. OBED JR.10 HARVEY, b. 1756, Franklin[now Patterson] Putnam Co NY; d. October 29, 1837, (Durham, New York) Buried at Hervey St Cemetary.
Generation No. 2
2. OBED JR.10 HARVEY (OBED SR9, THOMAS8, THOMAS7, WILLIAM6, THOMAS5, WILLIAM4, WILLIAM3, TURNER2, HUMPHREY1) was born 1756 in Franklin[now Patterson] Putnam Co NY, and died October 29, 1837 in (Durham, New York) Buried at Hervey St Cemetary. He married (1) ABIGAIL BELL. He married (2) MARY JOICE (NEE GREEN) March 24, 1820 in (Durham, New York).
Notes for ABIGAIL BELL:
Abigail wrote several Sunday School books.
Notes for MARY JOICE (NEE GREEN):
Information concerning Mary Harvey, Jonathan Joice, and Mary's marriage to Deacon Obed Harvey were taken from the Rev. war abstract of Jonathan Joice. Name Obed Harvey was found in index. Book is a 4 volume set at the Family History Center. May 3 1995
Children of OBED HARVEY and ABIGAIL BELL are:
3. i. HERMAN11 HERVEY, b. 1782, New York; d. December 29, 1843, New York buried Hervey St Cemetery.
ii. DELIVERANCE BELL HERVEY, b. 1788.
iii. ABIGAIL HERVEY.
iv. ANNA HERVEY.
v. POLLY HERVEY.
vi. OBED NEWTON HERVEY.
Generation No. 3
3. HERMAN11 HERVEY (OBED JR.10 HARVEY, OBED SR9, THOMAS8, THOMAS7, WILLIAM6, THOMAS5, WILLIAM4, WILLIAM3, TURNER2, HUMPHREY1) was born 1782 in New York, and died December 29, 1843 in New York buried Hervey St Cemetery. He married HANNA TYLER Abt. 1807 in Green County, New York, daughter of JOSIAH TYLER and HANNAH JEWEL.
Notes for HERMAN HERVEY:
Durham Letter : Rossi records: Hervey Street Cemetery has a Cynthia P D. Dec 28, 1827 age 7 years. Parents are listed as Harmon and EMMA Hervey. See Isaac Bullis Notes
Children of HERMAN HERVEY and HANNA TYLER are:
i. AMANDA12 HERVEY, b. June 25, 1809, New York; d. November 15, 1876, Wood County, OH - buried Oak Grove Cemetery; m. ISAAC WILEY BULLIS.
Notes for ISAAC WILEY BULLIS:
According to Curator of Durham Center Museum letter dated Aug 31, 1995:
Herman Hervey became a Baptist Minister. His son Russell was a pastor in Adrian, Michigan.
Herman's brother, Obed Newton Hervey lived in Ohio. Herman is buried at Hervey Street Cemetary.
Bullises came to Wood County in 1846, according to Hardesty Atlas ( See Wood County Packet from Aunt Jane)
Death and birth dates of Amanda and Isaac were taken from "Oak Grove Cemetary" by Wood Co. Chapter, OGS. P. 143.
ii. HARMAN HERVEY, b. 1810.
iii. SARAH HERVEY, b. 1813.
iv. JANE A HERVEY, b. 1815.
v. FANNY M HERVEY, b. 1818.